Our client is a venture-backed technology company on a mission to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. Across Nigeria and Kenya, thousands of restaurants use their platform to access inventory and financial services.
About the role
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.) The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets product needs while being cost-effective.
Candidates based in Kenya/Nigeria are encouraged to apply.
● Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy
● Collaborate with the Product team to ensure consistent project execution; develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet company needs
● Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback; liaise with internal teams (e.g. engineers and product managers/ owners) to identify system requirements when needed
● Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases; estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
● Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
● Complete manual and/or automated testing activities following a stipulated test plan
● Monitor debugging process results; identity, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
● Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
● Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement quality assurance related solutions
● Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
● Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
● 5 + years of software quality assurance experience
● Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
● Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
● Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
● Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
● Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
● Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
● Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
● Experience using Jira to manage software testing activities and defect planning is a plus
● BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
● Remote working
● A passionate, inspirational, and aspirational team→ Teamwork is in our core values
● Grow yourself, learning is a habit. We empower people and we want you to grow with us. Tell us the areas you wish to improve in and if it makes sense for the business, we'll do what we can to help you do just that
● Flexible work hours - Pretty ﬂexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It's about delivery!
● Opportunity to travel to interact with the product and our multi-cultural team