Department: Technical Department
Reports to: Head of Technology
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Direct Reports: Quality Assurance Analyst
Others Reporting Indirectly: N/A
Key Measures of Performance
The performance of this role holder will be assessed on the basis of achievements made on:
• Ability to review quality specifications and technical design documents with a view of providing timely and meaningful feedback
• Ability to create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
• Customer Delight – through a well delivered product experience
1. Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
2. Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
3. Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
4. Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
5. Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
6. Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
7. Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
8. Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
9. Monitor debugging process results.
10. Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
11. Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
12. Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
13. Any other duties and responsibilities that may be directed to you from time to time.
Working with Others
• Consciously takes steps to make the most of every conversation/interaction
• Identifies people’s needs, interests and motives to be able to influence the decisions they make
• Communicates simply to excite and engage people
• Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively
• Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks
• Targets effort and resources on high-value, high impact activity
• Focuses on achieving maximum performance and driving continuous improvement
• Thinks about processes and problems cross-functionally and end-to-end
• Uses knowledge of situation, technology, process, systems and policy to solve problems
Creativity and Innovation
• Finds creative ways to exploit opportunities and solve problems
• Takes risks and pushes what is possible
• Experiments with unorthodox approaches
Business Know how
• Uses data and research to make decisions that are competitively and financially robust
• Balances current and future needs
• Thinks and acts like an owner of the organization
• Acts in line with legal, regulatory, professional and ethical standards
Working with Change
• Responds flexibly to changing situations
• Defines scope and deliverables in terms of time, cost, quality and benefit to the organization
• Schedules activity and identifies resource needs, dependencies and synergies
• Evaluates progress, mitigates risks and addresses issues
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• Minimum 5 years work experience in software development.
• Must have proven work experience in software quality assurance and customer experience management.
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal, Organizational and communication skills.
• Someone with ISTQBCertification and ability to code with either python or node.