He/she will be responsible for upholding Milk Quality Standards and continuous process improvement of services through efficient working. The successful candidates Must have at least 10 years’ working experience working as a Quality Assurance Supervisor in a Food Manufacturing company.
• Ensure that all milk received and sold by the plant satisfies the pre-scribed quality requirements.
• Ensure that the appropriate tests on milk, water and chemical reagents are carried out and recorded.
• Dispatch milk that meets the prescribed quality requirements.
• Supervise milk before it leaves to the market.
• Check the quality of milk if it is okay before being received to production for processing.
• Ensure strict inventory control on milk received from farmers/coolers.
• Ensure that all milk records delivered daily and handed over to the Accounts office.
• Receive, store, and ensure adequate supplies and monitoring of quality control inputs.
• Supervise the cleanliness of the laboratory, plant area, machinery and the whole production plant.
• Assist and relieve milk graders/field recording clerks.
• Offer technical assistance and advice to farmers whose milk has been rejected.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager and Management.
• BSC Food Science and Technology or related field.
• Higher National Diploma in Food Science & Technology or related field.
• Diploma in Food Science will be an added advantage.
• Valid food handling certificate.
• Minimum Grade of C+ in Kenya Certificate of Education.
• Minimum of ten (10) years in quality assurance in a milk processing set up or FMCG.
• Must possess milk processing skills.
• Must possess supervisory skills.
• Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice.
• Must demonstrate the ability to execute work assigned with minimum supervision.
• Must be a team player who is able to work cordially in teams.
• Must demonstrate the ability to multitask.
• Should have the ability to solve problems by applying relevant sector knowledge.
• Must have the ability to communicate for both written and oral communication.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Must be a flexible person, who is can work flexible hours to achieve goals.
• Must be able to deliver targets and a good planner who pays attention to detail.
• Must have knowledge in the use of basic computer skills.
• Must be willing to relocate to the plant in Nyamira – Nyansiongo(Borabu) Sub-county.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh.50,000- 70,000 /= (Approx. 500 - 700 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Upper Mid- Level Management.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma.
Deadline: 14th November 2020.
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***