The successful candidate will be responsible for giving assurance to customers and the company that goods produced are of the required standards, providing quality Management system guidance to the production team and direct production staff to meet the set quality parameters. He/she will minimise products quality related wastages/defects and any other loss emanating during production processes by proposing and implementation of continuous performance improvement processes.
• Develop company quality management policy and review every year as part of company commitment to quality matters.
• Design Process flow charts and Standard operating procedures (SOPs) for each stage of production and ensure staff follow them.
• Implement products traceability processes that helps deal with quality issues, validating processes by establishing new and existing products specifications and quality attributes.
• Train new and existing staff on quality matters and the company general quality Management system.
• Evaluate the effectives of the trainings every six months and give a report.
• Undertake materials testing and sampling of items during production and keeping records of the same. Develop quality checks sheets for each production section.
• Promptly raise quality issues with the Management to be addressed.
• These records will form part of a quality manual to be maintained by the Quality Control Manager.
• Every Six Months review the whole quality management system and submit a report to the Director highlighting any dysfunctionalities and giving recommendations for improvements.
• Involved in investigation of production re-works, products rejections, customers complaints.
• Develop corrective action plans with the Director and oversee its implementation. Sign off all goods produced by the company as “quality assured” before they are stored/dispatched.
• Design products blueprints using Autocad software’s and operation of the CNC machine and oversee its full roll out phase. Maintain a soft and hard copy gallery of prototypes done.
• Highlight quality control points, setting quality performance goals for each section and giving monthly reports on the same.
• Enforce any other quality control system that may be introduced by the management.
• Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the Management.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering/management system.
• Quality Management system or performance improvement systems certifications e.g. ISO and Kaizen.
• At least 3 years hands on work experience in Quality control Management systems in automotive accessories/parts manufacturing or vehicles body building.
• Insightful knowledge of techniques involved in metal fabrication, vehicle parts fitment, welding, CKD assembly, spray painting/powder coating and blasting, ROPs and other fabricated accessories.
• Ability to use CAD software and CNC system, interpret drawings and jobs briefs.
• Good communicator, able to give feedback and enable upward/downward communication.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, curious and good eye for quality.
• Ability to meet deadlines with timely updates on progress.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 206,033 (Approx. 2,060 USD).
Deadline: 5th March 2021.
Job Category: Upper Mid-level.
Job Location: Mlolongo Township.
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***