Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
Quality Control Supervisor (located in Nairobi)
In this role, you will be a key member within the Victory Farms Operations department. You will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our products and managing a team of quality control analysts.
Your three (3) primary responsibilities will consist of:
● Ensure end to end product quality across the value chain (from farm to table) by reviewing and interpreting data.
● Identify opportunities to improve systems and processes by conducing quality inspections, observing processes, and taking measurements.
● Manage and guide a team of quality control analysts to take measurements and observe processes.
You will be the primary person responsible for ensuring our products reach consumers in farm fresh condition. This position requires a strong ability to lead a team, observe processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
Ensure end to end product quality.
● Collect, manage, and review data from farm to distribution to guarantee quality Victory Farms’ customers have come to expect of our products.
● Flag and report inconsistencies or issues in quality data to senior leadership Identify opportunities to improve systems and processes.
● Partner with colleagues across the value chain to identify and implement improvements to current processes.
● Review and observe current processes and identify inefficiencies or gaps in current process.
● Flag process improvement opportunities and propose solutions to current challenges.
Manage and guide a team of analysts.
● Lead and manage a team of quality control analysts to gather, analyze, and identify solutions to quality control challenges.
● Manage teams’ workstreams and projects to ensure effective collaboration
● 2+ years of experience in quality control/inspection at a company (agriculture preferred)
● Background in industrial engineering/process design a plus
● Ability to thrive working collaboratively with senior colleagues, solve problems independently, and work in a fast-paced environment.
● A successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, ability to work in teams, manage people and are not afraid to implement and test solutions.
● Location: Nairobi, Kenya
● Status: Full time
● Benefits: included
● Salary: Competitive, based on experience