REPORTING TO Q A Manager
COMPANY VISION: To be the LION of the Plastics Industry in Africa
COMPANY MISSION: To achieve our vision we will
1. Build a Best in Class Company with A-Players who live our Core Values, apply Lean Excellence in all Processes, invest in Market Leading Technology, practice Great Governance
2. Become a Market Profit Share Leader with Focus on Creating More Value for Customers, Fanatical Customer Relationships & Market Leading Product Innovation; and Focus on Market Share of Profit & Cash Flow, not just Sales & Tonnage
3. Reach Customers Across Africa by Building a Strategic Network of Manufacturing Hubs & Partner Spokes to serve customers across Africa; and Becoming an Export Oriented Business with Strong Local Presence in each Country
Overall Objective of the Job
Ensure the implementation of Quality Assurance and Control policies and procedures by enforcing the prescribed quality standards, prescribed quality systems in production and validating processes and providing documentation.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Ensures that environment, health and safety practices are upheld in the factory through constant supervision of the housekeeping practices.
Zero LTI (loss time due to Injury)
2. Conduct incoming raw material inspection to ensure compliance by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
Tests of new master batches and materials for conformance or production purposes and communicates of the observations to the quality manager
100% material compliance
3. Supervise and monitor the material mixing process so as to ensure compliance with the approved material composition (recipe).
Running Recipe Vs Approved Recipe
4. Carry out on daily line product quality inspections and tests and record results at set time intervals to provide clear criteria for the segregation of conforming products and nonconforming products.
On Line Quality Inspection Report
Product Quality Tests
5 In liaison with production officers and machine operators, ensures that production matches set required quality criteria through proper process parameters
6 Document nonconformities and submit them to the Production Supervisor to ensure speedy communication and immediate corrective action of the root cause.
Correctly and timely Capture the requisite data in the ERP in the prescribed format
Number of NC’s raised
7 Carryout final product quality inspection prior to the transfer of goods to Finished Goods Store to ensure customer product standard compliance.
Generate COA for dispatch products
Zero customer complaint
8 Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in processes and make recommendations that contribute to the enhancement of process quality assurance and control.
5 new ideas PM
80% Implementation of Quality of recommendations
9 Provide on-the-job training for all new and continuing employees on the quality assurance and control and quality visual checks.
zero customer complaints
Academic and Professional Qualifications
● Bachelor’s / Diploma in Industrial, Chemical or Process Engineering
Knowledge and Experience
● Conversant with ISO requirements & customer audit standards
● Effective Quality Control Analysis skills
● Knowledge of systems & customer standards of Injection Molding field
● Excellent planning skills
● Data and information analytical skills,
● Statistical Process Control
● Computer Literacy
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Excellent communication skills
● Attention to details
● Time management
1 BE AUTHENTIC so our partners can depend on what we commit to
Passion for Company, Customers and Employees
Straight Shooter - no politics, no nonsense, no drama, no backbiting
2 DO THE RIGHT THING even when nobody is watching
High Standard of Personal Integrity - to your own profession, your company, your family and your own personal reputation
Assume Responsibility - don't wait to be told what to do, always think what is best for the company and act, be ready to justify own actions
3 BE OPEN to unlearn, learn and improve every day
Professional Management style & follow Company Processes
Entrepreneurial Mindset with Self Initiative - come with an existing set of relationships & personal network in the plastics industry
Thirst for Learning - demonstrate a passion & desire to learn our business, and anything that can improve the business & your ability to contribute
4 KEEP IT LEAN by being frugal, fast, simple, resourceful & proactive
Action & Execution Oriented with a Sense of Urgency and Frugality
Aggressive & Target Oriented with Commercial Acumen, and Profit Driven Approach
5 BE WORLD CLASS TOGETHER with a passion for leading in the plastics & packaging industry
Overachiever - always go the extra mile
Under promise & Over deliver - never miss targets
Team Spirit - grow together as a team to be world class
Believe in World Class - represent the company’s vision in your personal actions