Position Reports to: QAM
Duties & responsibilities
• Check incoming inks for shade matching drawdowns & pantone references.
• Check incoming artworks, plates and plate proofs
• Approve commercial runs after successful make ready
• Monitor printing in process quality parameters
• Inspect anilox at the end of printing to ascertain their condition
• Check slitting dimensions.
• Check reel tension, winding directions and alignment.
• Check respective products dimension, shape and sealing strength.
• Check ink adhesion and lamination strength as may be applicable.
• Check product quantification and labelling
• Carry out requisite lab tests as appropriate
• Facilitate shade card validations
• Inspect incoming and outgoing materials
• Sample retention samples
• Participate in quality investigations of incidents.
• University degree/Diploma in Analytical Chemistry or other related discipline.
• ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 22000:2005 certification preferred.
• Sound knowledge of the flexible packaging processes.
• At least 3 years in a similar capacity.
Skills and Abilities:
• An eye for quality and decisiveness.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to generate and market innovative ideas.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in technical and user-friendly languages
• Must be of high integrity.