Quantity Surveyor Job Qualifications
• A Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying from a reputable university
• At least 5-7 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor in road/steel works, Bridge and concrete works. (Buildings will not be considered)
• Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
• Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
• Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
• Advising managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
• Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
• A good working knowledge of MS Excel, Auto cad, MS Project and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
• Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
• Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
• Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
• Demonstrable experience in construction contracts.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Communicator & motivator with ability to communicate across all levels
• Factor in the implications of health and safety regulations.
• Identify commercial risks and help develop suitable responses.
• Monitor and control costs throughout the project.
• Identify risks surrounding the project and the likelihood of cost variation.
• Track any changes to the design or actual work and adjust budget projections.
• Analyze progress and write detailed reports.
• Liaise between site managers, project managers and site engineers