Kenya Builders & Concrete Co. Ltd has grown and developed into a major diversified industrial group with operations spanning in various business sectors. KBCLL markets a wide range of aggregates and concrete products and provides a total solution to the customers’ needs.
The Quarry Foreman is responsible for maintaining smooth production flow at the quarry site and encourage compliance to set guidelines and procedures.
1. Manage daily production activities through schedule preparation and duty allocation to meet the production requirements;
2. Undertake regular site inspections and risk assessments in order to comply with all health and safety regulations; examining the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained;
3. Monitor all staff attendance and initiate disciplinary measures due to employee non-compliance in liaison with HR Office;
4. Maintain quality assurance of the quarry as required.
5. Monitor all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard;
6. Coordinate with Garage and Work shop staff for timely maintenance of the plant, equipment and machinery with minimal production operations down time;
7. Prepare and submit reports on site activities as required by management;
8. Communicate health and safety guidelines to employees on site to adhere to at all times;
9. Participate in health and safety and risk assessments as advised by management.
• Diploma or certificate in Building, Mining, Construction, or relevant course from a recognized institution
• At least five (5) years relevant hands on work experience in a quarry;
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in plant maintenance
• Great knowledge and understanding of quarry operations regulations;
• Experience in implementing health and safety standards at a quarry site;
• Results-orientated, deadline-driven and accustomed to working in a fast-paced, team-centric environment;
• Possess good communication and listening skills;
• Good task management, planning and organizational skills.