• Performs computed tomography procedures utilizing established scan protocols, including contrast administration without requiring constant supervision.
• Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, reconstruction and documentation of image data and completes procedures according to protocol.
• Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through system, all exams are properly networked to PACS for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
• Administers PO, rectal and IV contrast per physician orders/department policy and assess patients for potential risk factors prior to the administration of the contrast media required for the imaging procedure.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient’s fears and solicit their cooperation.
• Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgement to adjust protocols, and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic CT purposes.
• Performs all aspects of CT imaging to include; Head, Neck, Chest, Abdomen, pelvis Extremities, 3D Reconstructions of CT, Multi-planar Reformats CT and Angiographic studies when requested and/or when part of a standard procedure.
• Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
• Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures.
• Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data.
• Maintains records and files of exams performed on patients.
• Demonstrates proper technique in venipuncture; demonstrates proper use of power injector according to set protocols set by department and/or manufacturer.
• Able to perform plain radiography work and ultrasonography
• Diploma in radiography, Degree will be an added advantage.
• Two years’ general experience with more than one year experience working with CT Scan.
• Should hold active license from the Kenya Nuclear Regulatory Authority. (KRNA)
• Should be registered with Radiography Society(SORK)