Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Relate to patients without any form of discrimination.
• Ensure that entries you make in the health care record or results sheet for the patient is a legible and accurate account of the findings.
• Ensure that, when you delegate care delivery to others, the needs of patients are met. You remain accountable for the appropriateness of the delegation, for ensuring that the person who does the work is able to do it and that you adequately supervise and support them.
• Deliver care based on current evidence and best practice.
• Know the limits of your professional competence and only undertake duties for which you have been trained and are competent to carry out. You need to show good judgment about seeking help and advice.
• Act to identify, minimize and report any risk to patients from any source.
• Use every moment of your shift for the benefit of patients or, when time allows, to develop your own skills and those of others.
• You will work in the Imaging Department in X-ray and Ultrasound sections and, as required, on the wards or outreach trips to the other Centre’s to undertake portable imaging. You will take part in the on call Rota to be available to perform emergency imaging studies.
• You will accurately record the findings of your ultrasound examinations. If a serious or urgent problem is identified it may be appropriate for you to speak directly to the clinician who requested the test. If possible you will give your professional Radiographers opinion on radiographs to support the clinical teams.
• You must recognize actual or potential emergency situations and act quickly and appropriately. You should be ready to instigate resuscitation should a patient collapse in your department whilst awaiting support from the on-call medical officer.
• You are responsible for the safe keeping of medical records and to ensure they are available to others when needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Diploma/Degree in any of the following: Diagnostic Radiography/Medical Imaging
• Sciences, Ultrasound, Computerized Tomography, Magnetic Resonance
• Imaging, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy and Digital
• Medical imaging equipment or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
• Current and Valid practice license from the Radiation Protection Board.
• Minimum 1-year experience working in Imaging/radiology department.
• Should have BLS Certificate.
• Well fluent in English and Swahili as well as writing.
Send your updated CV on or before Friday 26TH FEBRUARY 2021at 5pm. Please note that only the candidates who meet the eligible criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.