RECEPTION CLASS TEACHER
The post holder will report to the Head of Early Years and will be accountable to the Headmistress.
• To take responsibility for planning and implementing appropriate work programmes for all children in the designated class, within the framework of national and school policies.
• To maintain assessment records and report on pupils’ progress to staff, and to parents and carers, in accordance with school policy.
• To manage your Class Assistant within the classroom.
• To plan work for the class in accordance with national and curriculum policies and in co-operation with Heads of Department to ensure that the children experience a broad, balanced, relevant and stimulating curriculum relevant to their age.
• To ensure that the learning experience matches the individual needs of the children in your class – giving each child an opportunity to achieve to the best of his/her capability.
• To make appropriate educational provision for children with learning difficulties and for those children with EAL, with support from The Banda’s Learning Support Department.
• Where possible, to make sure that the majority of children’s work is closely linked to first-hand practical experience in line with the EYFS/DfE guidance.
• To provide children with opportunities to manage their own learning and become independent thinkers.
• To create a secure, happy and stimulating environment, maintaining the highest standards of organisation and discipline.
• To maintain a high standard of display, both in the classroom and in other areas of the school.
• To arrange for resources, equipment and materials to be available in such a way that they are properly cared for, easily accessible and will encourage the children to become more responsible for their own learning.
• To work closely with colleagues and to provide short and medium term plans and to fully implement the agreed schemes of work.
• To assess children’s progress, maintain records and provide written reports to parents.
• To communicate regularly and effectively to parents about children’s progress and attainment.
• To ensure that the school’s aims and objectives in relation to the curriculum, equal opportunities and discipline are promoted in every day classroom organisation and practice.
• To be committed to the school’s continuing professional development programme.
• To undertake required duties and attend regular staff meetings and INSETS, before, during and after school hours when required.
• To ensure confidentiality concerning pupils, parents, colleagues and school business.
• To maintain professional levels of conduct and adhere to the School’s dress code.
The Reception/Nursery Class Teacher needs to:
• Be a fully qualified teacher with Foundation Stage (EYFS) training and experience.
• Have experience of working in British curriculum schools.
• Be able to build good relationships with parents and families.
• Be able to build good relationships with colleagues.
• Be able to create a stimulating and engaging learning environment.
• Be able to use initiative, show flexibility and be adaptable.
• Be pro-active as a part of The Banda Pegasus Early Years team.
• Be punctual and use preparation time appropriately.
• Be a good communicator with adults and children.
• Show good organisational skills.
• Show a competent level of written English.
• Be able to use ICT in teaching. Familiarity with using Interactive Screens and iPads is important.
• Present a clean Certificate of Good Conduct or International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC).
• Safeguard and promote the welfare of the pupils.
• Keep up to date with educational developments from UK.
• Be a motivator.
The postholder will have the responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children and young persons for whom he / she is responsible, or with whom he / she comes into contact, and will be expected to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy at all times.
Experience of working in a British Curriculum School is essential.
All applications should reach the Headmistress by Friday 5th February latest.
A completed Application Form accessed via the following link:(https://www.bandaschool.com/userfiles/banda/MS-Word/Application_Form_The_Banda_School.doc) and Covering Letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org