1.Operate Alert’s switchboard receiving and transferring telephone calls, announcing callers, taking brief messages and passing these on via the email system or connecting callers to staff members personal direct line voicemail.
2. Maintain and ensure that the answer message is appropriate.
3. Report telephone equipment and line faults to the IT Manager.
4. . Review and update on a regular basis the staff contact and telephone extension lists.
5. Greet and welcome visitors to the Offices ensuring they sign in the visitor’s book and informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival.
6. Monitor and ensure that the reception area is kept tidy and projects a business-like image.
7. Keep a record of staff and visitors signing in and out of the building.