The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the Front Office Reception including answering visitors' inquiries, escorting visitors to the respective persons they have come to see, sorting out and handling incoming and outgoing mail, answering incoming calls, and making outgoing calls if required. The ideal candidate Must have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position. Experience working for an NGO is preferred.
• Ensure the front office is kept safe and clean by conducting routine checks and guiding the janitors to areas that need cleaning.
• Receive and direct all incoming telephone calls to appropriate individuals. Place all official calls to partners and vendors and keep a daily log of outgoing telephone calls made via the reception.
• Receive and direct visitors, contractors, and vendors to the office. Ensure visitors, contractors and vendors receive badges and are recorded in the appropriate registers.
• Maintain a list of expected visitors for each day and inform the security guards at the gate of the appointments.
• Receive incoming mail/Invoices/packages and ensure efficient distribution within the organization to the appropriate addressee.
• Keep an updated contact database that can be easily accessed.
• Assist in a smooth and orderly flow of applicants in and out of the office building.
• Serve as a floor warden ensuring that all visitors, applicants, and staff who are around are safe in case of active shooting.
• Monitor movement in and out of the building and raise an alarm in case of any suspicious activity either within the compound or at the gate.
• Weigh and frank letters as required for postage.
• Prepare FedEx/UPS/DHL courier packages/mail/travel packages.
• Perform other duties as assigned which are designed and developed to improve the office operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or relevant field.
• Must have at least Three (3) years of related work experience with increasing responsibilities.
• Have strong computer skills, especially MS-Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of organization information.
• Have good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems.
• Ability to effectively manage office resources.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Conduct oneself professionally and courteously to represent the best interests of the organization.
• Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail.
• Ability to analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions.
• Ability to work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 74,162/= (Approx. 687 USD).
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 9th July 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***