Society Vision: To redefine financial wellness
Reporting to the Head or Records, the job holder shall be responsible for the effective and appropriate management of the Sacco’s records from their creation, right through to their eventual disposition. You will provide access to accurate records for a range of operational and strategic purposes and ensure that legal obligations are met. This role shall include controlling the number of records created and stored, and identifying which records are to be preserved for Evidential, statutory, fiscal, research and historical purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Add new record materials like documents, letters, forms etc. to files and open new files for new members as necessary.
2. Prepare, scan and reassemble, index and staple back documents ready for filing
3. Respond to queries regarding storage retrieval and access to records and files from staff and members.
4. Assign record and or date stamp documents, mail deliveries and other form of incoming as well as outgoing correspondence handled by the registry.
5. Locate and isolate outdated or unnecessary records ready for disposition or transfer to the archive according to the Records Management policy guidelines.
6. Enter document identification codes into systems in order to determine locations of documents to be retrieved.
7. Find retrieve and disburse information from files in response to phone or physical requests from authorized users.
8. Keep complete and accurate records of materials requested filed or removed, using appropriate physical and electronic registers as well as tracking materials removed from files in order to ensure that borrowed files/documents are returned after use for proper storage.
9. Modify and streamline the filing systems by appending identification numbers or codes to the filing index as directed by the registry officer in charge
10. Place materials into storage locations, such as file cabinets, boxes, bins, or drawers, according to classification and identification information.
11. Perform general Registry duties such as running errands, sorting and preparing mails for dispatch, photocopying, attending to registry related enquiries and ensuring the safety and security of the registry.
Key Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Records Management /Information Science / Information Management / Knowledge Management from a recognized Institution.
• A Diploma in any of the above coupled with 4 years’ post-graduation working experience in Records management in a financial institution shall suffice.
• 3 years’ experience in managing records in a reputable financial institution
• Must have demonstrable working Knowledge of ECM, EDMS and ERP solutions
• Possess working knowledge of computerized office applications
• Must be a current registered member of at least one related Professional body
• Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Key Attributes Competencies and Skills
• Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizing skills.
• Demonstrated integrity and professional competence.
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to work under pressure
• A proficient and forward-thinking Individual
• Analytical with a hands-on approach to monotonous tasks.
• Self-driven and results oriented.
Qualified applicants should apply.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.