Centre for Microbiology Research
Opening Date: 4th June, 2021 Closing date: 24th June, 2021.
IMPOWER is a Phase 3, Randomized, Active-Controlled, and Double-blind Clinical Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Islatravir Once-Monthly as Preexposure Prophylaxis in Cisgender Women at High Risk for HIV-1 Infection. The study has the following vacancies;
12. Position: Recruitment and Retention Officer (1 Position) KMR/ 6 Vacancy No. FN-026-05-2021
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
Duties and Responsibilities
• Mentors, supports and supervises the outreach team that comprises of the receptionists, community mobilizers and community trackers in community engagement and participant retention activities.
• To work in Liaison with data manager to generate, review and analyse retention reports and update database.
• Monitoring and evaluation of study retention metrics and provide technical support on participant retention trends and rates.
• Work independently and with the team to efficiently track retention metrics for the study.
• Consult with management, advice, identify gaps and adopt working retention strategies for the site.
• Generate and review the site recruitment and retention SOP.
• Staff training and support on recruitment and retention SOP and related activities.
• Take lead on the Multi-Disciplinary Case Review Team (MCRT) meetings and provide reports to management.
• Systematic and meticulous follow through of study participants and ability to understand retention trends of all study participants.
• Liaise with departments regarding participant retention related issues
• Spear head the retention incentives procurement and related activities
• Offer training and mentorship to the team
• Attend management meetings as needed
• Routinely retention report writing and presentations as required.
• Attend the operations calls and inter site discussions and meetings
• Spear head and support participant offsite visits, support participants with retention challenges
• Participate in health talks at the site, health facilities and schools
• Participant tracking – 60% allocation, physical and phone tracing.
• Timely coordinate and track all field activities for each mobilizer and tracker on a daily basis and consolidate all field funds requests to support trackers’ filed activities and participant reimbursement by receptionists via mail.
• Timely submission and reconciliation of all filed activities and reception returns/surrenders to study administrator in accordance to the approved funds.
• Ensures overall participant flow at the clinic and update the team per expected list of participants.
• Weekly tracking of participants’ clinic attendance in relation to bookings and transportation costs and updates management.
• Track all transferred participants, support their retention in liaison respective trackers and update management.
• In charge of commodity tracking and management of community supplies.
• Ensures appropriate weekly work plan and leave scheduling and allocation for the team
• Represent management in community team meetings, enforce management decisions, guidelines and directives amongst the community team members.
• Ensures trackers and receptionists adhere to study protocols, directives and project/organization policies.
• Coordinating picking of participants from homes, schools to the site.
• Manuscript writing in relation to participant retention
• Provide a link to the study with all retention related stakeholders e.g. school administration, parents, participants, mentors, and community gate keepers.
• Ability to hold discussions with teachers, parents and guardians regarding their respective children’s retention.
• Formulate, coordinate the site community advisory board (CAB), and activities as stated in the CAB SOP, ensure action items per each meeting are carried out and proper storage of minutes, reports and any related documents in liaison with the Assistant Community Liaison Officer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Nursing, Public Health or relevant Degree in health sciences
• Proven project management skills and experience of managing staff in research projects and public engagement initiatives
Other Required Skills
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office.
• High attention to detail and strong analytical skills, good organizational skills and attention to detail, effective communication skills and confidence using assorted computer and information technologies
• Good presentation skills.
• Ability to communicate in local Kenyan language(s).
• Experience in the supervision of staff and participatory action research.
• Excellent written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience of communication and coordination in field activities
Applicants should attach the following:
• Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
• Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
• Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
• Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
• A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
• A copy of National Identity card or passport
• Requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Applications to be done through the email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24th June 2021.
(Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email)
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.