Reports to Managing Director
Develop, coordinate and manage direct marketing programs relating to student outreach operations, recruitment and support in Africa. The position will provide leadership and manage relationships with study abroad consultants/student engagement agencies, universities, high schools and other key stakeholders.
R1. Developing Marketing Strategies
T1. Set specific marketing goals and objectives that align with the client’s business strategy and goals.
T2. Design marketing campaigns and conduct market research
T3. Analyze marketing key performance indicators and track and measure marketing outcomes including marketing activities, response, leads generated, conversion and retention.
T4. Generate ideas that promote the client’s brand and products/services.
T5. Ensure the client’s brand consistency across all marketing channels.
R2. Student Outreach Support and Recruitment
T1. Lead student recruitment and outreach campaigns, build awareness and engagement and generate leads.
T2. Manage student recruitment programs, including but not limited to working with study abroad/engagement consultants, high schools, Universities/Colleges and organizing information sessions in order to achieve recruitment targets.
T3. Organize, coordinate, participate in marketing and recruitment events.
T4. Represent the client in recruitment events organized by various stakeholders
R3. Market Intelligence and Reports
T1. Analyze and report the effectiveness of student recruitment and marketing strategies on a regular basis (e.g. weekly, monthly, and quarterly, per semester, annually).
T2. Gather and analyze information to identify new markets and customers, competition, demand and efficacy of existing marketing campaigns and strategies.
T3. Maintain knowledge of trends and developments in the market.
T4. Develop a reliable and accurate marketing information system (target market information, competitor analysis, gaps, demand forecasts, etc.) to facilitate strategic decision making for marketing and management.
R4. Relationship Management
T1. Provide support to the International Office of a particular institution to which the job holder has been assigned.
T2. Provide logistical support to the institution’s officials visiting the region.
T.2 Develop and maintain a data base of study abroad consultants, high schools, Canadian Embassies/High Commissions, Trade Chambers and other relevant organizations to ensure effective liaison and Customer Relationship Management.
T3. Develop and maintain standards for ensuring customer satisfaction
Constantly identify opportunities to grow the customer base and build positive relationships with clients.
T4. Communicate with customers to identify their requirements and make appropriate adjustments necessary for meeting their needs.
T5. Provide prompt service, resolve customer complaints quickly and efficiently and follow up with customers to ensure they are satisfied with product/service received.
T1. Work as an effective and responsible team member and act professionally supporting others and the wider Management Team and staff members, in a flexible and approachable manner.
T2. Maintain up to date skills and knowledge including awareness of professional issues
T3. Promote a work environment conducive to harmonious work relationships and high staff morale and ensure competitive standards are maintained, equity and diversity adhered to And that all new staff is properly inducted to embrace and live the Maple Leaf values.
3.0 Knowledge Skills and Abilities
a) Level of Education
• Master’s degree in Marketing and/or a professional qualification in marketing with a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
b) Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
• Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategies
• Part professional marketing qualifications (Marketing Society of Kenya or equivalent) and/or membership in relevant professional organization.
c) Competencies/Abilities, Skills Required
• Demonstrated experience of developing marketing plans and evaluating their progress and impact.
• Excellent people management skills to interact with colleagues, stakeholders, clients, third parties,
• Leadership:- ability to take responsibility for tasks, prioritizing and scheduling own work to ensure deadlines are met; have self-confidence and deal with setbacks effectively
• Demonstrable negotiation, communication and influencing skills and experience, with the ability to maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of individuals including internal colleagues and external clients, stakeholders and partners.
• Strong project management, multi-tasking and decision making skills
• Knowledge of market research techniques and experience of coordinating research projects
d) Relevant job experience
• At least 3 years of marketing experience with at least 2 years of being in market facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
4. Position Relationships
Within the organization
Outside the organization
Study abroad consultants
Trade Offices at Embassies/High Commissions
Trade Chambers/Other complimentary organizations
5. Authority/Decision making
Job holder identifies and implements key marketing activities as per the marketing strategy. Decides allocation of marketing budget as per marketing strategy. Determines own work load and prioritization.
6. Working conditions
This job entails travel throughout Africa. The job is performed in an environment where there are pressures from a variety of stakeholders with different interests. The incumbent must deal with issues and situations that require immediate attention and needs to accommodate activities outside regular operations.