Our client is seeking to recruit a Regional Economist, with the successful candidate taking on the responsibility for providing advice to the Bank Group companies and their clients on macroeconomic developments.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:7 years
Our client, a commercial banking firm established in East Africa. The firm offers services such as deposits, saving accounts, cards, cash management, trade finance, treasury, business, corporate, and personal banking services. Our client is seeking to recruit a Regional Economist, with the successful candidate taking on the responsibility for providing advice to the Bank Group companies and their clients on macroeconomic developments.
• Carry out real sector analysis.
• Compile sectoral profiles of the economy to be shared with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide sector specific forecasts of the economy.
• Develop and compile databases of sector specific information.
• Liaise with policy makers, industry regulators and representative bodies.
• Fixed income and currency strategy.
• Analyse economic and financial market developments to identify potentially profitable trade ideas in the FX and fixed income markets.
• Write topical and timely flash notes on economic and market developments.
• Assist the regional head of macroeconomic research in contributing to Africa-wide publications.
• Provide economic information assisting internal and external clients in planning.
• Provide economic and market commentary and forecasts to the bank’s clients.
• Provide macroeconomic input into the equity research process.
• Contribute to flagship publications of the research team, cover and monitored key macroeconomic and market events via ad-hoc external flash notes and internal publications.
• Develop relationships with African policy makers, central bank officials and other market regulators.
• Support the sales team in terms of client coverage on an on-going basis (client meetings, calls, Bloomberg/Reuters chats).
• Participate in marketing road shows in various offshore distribution hubs.
• Organise client road shows for international investors.
• Provide analytical support to the Eurobond, local currency fixed income, FX, and equity trading desks.
• Advise senior management in various in-country offices on East Africa research and strategy
• Must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics or a Finance related course.
• 5-7 years’ work experience in economic research writing capacity or a similar environment is desirable.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
• Strong financial modelling and report writing skills.
• Ability to identify the key issues on opportunities and develop a structured approach to resolving these issues.
• Ability to gather knowledge and research effectively.
• Technical areas of expertise should encompass knowledge of relevant legal and tax legislation.
• High emotional quotient and strong communication skills.
• Must be an independent, creative thinker with a desire to continuously improve their technical and relationship-management skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within teams.
• Hard-working, proactive, takes accountability and has a desire to win as a team.
• Must pay attention to detail, drive delivery and be results-oriented.
• Able to handle a high-pressure environment.
Monthly Gross salary: Competitive package
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Career level: Executive
Deadline: 30th January 2023
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured