The RGO will support the Regional Grants,
Compliance and Risk management Manager in regularly reviewing and updating the
Grants Module in the DRC Dynamics System database;
Review of reports for both external and internal use; and provide an oversight on the implementation of systems and procedures that are in compliance with both DRC and donor regulations.
Specifically, the RGO will support DRC in the management and follow up of specific donor grants and capacity building of the Country office counterparts
DRC Dynamics management and support
1. In charge of the maintenance and regular updates of the DRC Dynamics Grants module for Regional office grants
2. Supports the Regional Grants Manager in consolidation of documentation required for setting up grants in the centralized DRC Dynamics system for the Regional office projects and related partner sub grants
3. Ensure the grants management filing system is maintained and all donor grant documentation is properly (both soft and hard copies) filed.
4. Carry out detailed review of the DRC Dynamics system to identify deficiencies in documentation across the region and report on this for corrective measures on a quarterly basis
5. Maintain the Regional funding tracker showing active and pipeline grants across the region and circulate to the RO SMT on a monthly basis
6. Installment tracking and management of the billing rule tab for Regional office grants (MMC, ReDSS), including follow up donor’s disbursement requests to ensure timely submission and follow up of.
This will be based on the disbursement schedule drawn from the specific donor contracts.
(Donor and DRC specific)
1.Generate the Rolling Action plan from DRC Dynamics system, share with grants management focal points for review before final circulation of the document to all relevant staff.
2.Based on the Bi monthly Rolling Action Plan, follow up with the relevant staff on the timely submission of draft donor reports, and assist in the review to ensure quality and compliance with relevant requirements.
3.Consolidate DRC Horn of Africa monthly programme updates and general quarterly reports.
4.Support the Deputy Regional Director and Regional Grants Manager with ensuring high quality documentation of both internal and external reports.
5.Support the RGM to review CO draft reports
Donor compliance management
1. Support the preparation and / or facilitation of the Regional office project kick off meetings as well as for CO specific grants as deemed necessary.
2. Support country team in updating proposals and reports in various donor databases.
3. Support country teams in preparation of proposals and reports on request
4. Prepare and circulate donor guidance update to grants focal points in collaboration with the donor compliance specialists at HQ and the regional grants manager
5. Support the RGM to review regional office donor contract amendments to ensure compliance as well as coherence
1. Support the partner vetting and assessment process for the Regional office and country office upon request in line with the global partnership tools
2. Support with developing Partner capacity development plans
3. Preparation and review of partner contracts for the regional office and for the country offices upon request
1. Be the DRC Dynamics Grants technical specialist and support with capacity building of grants and non-grants staff across the region
2. Capacity building for new staff on Grants management during induction, onboarding as well as on the job with special emphasis on key process such as Kick off and closure and monthly grants monitoring
3. Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
This position reports to the Regional Grants, Compliance and Risk Management Manager
1. In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies :
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies
1.Undergraduate degree from a recognized University in business related field / Social Science, Development Studies or related areas
2.Certified Accountant (ACCA, CPA)At least five (5) years’ work experience in humanitarian and development programming with knowledge of project cycle management.
3.Knowledge of database use and management
4.Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
5.Knowledge of donor guidelines and reporting systems is an advantage but not a requirement
6.Ability to work within a multinational and multicultural setting
7.Good personal organizational skills, including time management, team work, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision
8.Project management knowledge desirable
9.Excellent writing and editing skills in English for external audiences (including governments and donors)
10.Excellent excel skills
Ø Full proficiency in English, written and spoken
Ø Proficiency in French, written and spoken
Qualified Candidates are required to apply