About the Role
The Regional Head of Finance will provide effective financial leadership and management for Education Development Trust’s Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) programmes and projects. The job holder will provide leadership in all Finance and Commercial activities, and specifically with responsibility for oversight of accounting; treasury and cash management; budget development and expenditure monitoring. In addition, the job holder will be responsible for internal control; compliance; risk management and quality assurance of internal and external financial reports. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The post holder is a member of the SSA senior management team and the global senior finance group, contributing to global finance projects and initiatives. The role has technical dotted line management responsibility for the Country Finance Managers (currently in Kenya, Rwanda and Ethiopia) and leads the SSA Regional Finance Community of Practice.
• Overall responsibility for commercial oversight across the SSA Programme, including review and preliminary sign-off on all new proposals;
• Oversee the development of a financial setup for the SSA region that is customer-focused, reliable, effective and efficient, and supports the needs of the HQ office.
• Review and consolidate financial reports for the region for transmission and discussion with the senior management.
• Oversee currency and cash flow management in each programme and consolidate to regional position.
• Lead on the financial planning for the region including budgets, 3-year plans, forecasts for integration with the wider organisation business planning.
• Quality assurance and consolidation of the local financial activities (Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Cash flow requirements) across all contracts.
• Lead, manage and motivate finance department ensuring appropriate advice, guidance and support is provided in line with best practice.
• Oversee and review the financial control environment across the Sub Saharan Africa Programme to ensure compliance with financial regulations, prevent/detect significant fraud and generally manage financial risk
• Provide support to the Regional Director, including managing the development of budgets for new projects and activities.
• Ensure that all new project budgets are prepared in accordance with Education Development Trust guidelines.
• Ensure that all budgets for new projects are approved in line with corporate guidelines before submission to the client.
• Provide an analysis of contribution for each new project.