• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
• 3-5 years of the hospitality sector as Guest Relations Manager/Officer, Front of Office Manager, Executive House Keeper or Hotel/Airbnb Operations Manager
• Ability to manage effective teams and develop strategic skills.
• Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of financial management.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contractors.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for actions. Must be self-motivated.
• Work efficiently and effectively under stressful situations.
• Organize work, set priorities, and delegate with proper follow-up.
• Collect and analyze data (Analytical).
This role is ultimately responsible for customer experience for our students. You are the Customer Experience Manager for our students. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of a Regional Portfolio by implementing policies, procedures, and practices to enable each student residence to meet occupancy, customer, and budgeted financial goals and achieve its KPIs. This portfolio is comprised of at least 3 Qwetu properties. As a Regional Property Managers will provide direction and leadership to growing teams of property management teams including the Customer Experience Team.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity has experience as a Guest Relations Manager/Officer, Front of Office Manager, Executive House Keeper or Hotel/Airbnb Operations Manager
Key Responsibility Areas
• Provide overall direction and supervision of day-to-day property management with oversight responsibility for the management of the properties within the geographic region.
• Direct activities of Management office, Maintenance, Hygiene, and Security staff - minimum supervision of 20 staff members required.
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting for their building portfolio including vacancy and budget variances, staffing needs, upcoming inspections, and others, as needed.
• Regularly visit the properties, inspects property operations, and review periodic reports from each property manager to determine the progress of occupancy and other KPIs.
• Responsible for resolving resident relation issues and escalated issues from residents.
• Work with property managers to recruit, retain and develop staff at all levels –Perform disciplinary activities. Performs performance evaluations on supervised employees.
• Motivate associates, recognizing and assisting associates to grow by providing constructive feedback and ensuring proper training.
• Inspect properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluate maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations in areas of efficiency.
• Assist in or develop corrective programs for properties when needed.
• Maximize income and control costs for each property.
• Be responsible for monthly review of financial reporting and budget variance analysis with Property Management Teams. monitors and makes recommendations on budget performance.
• Train and ensure Management Teams are utilizing their resources efficiently.
• Work with the corporate office to ensure that risk management practices are implemented and followed.
• Oversee, develop, and implement marketing/advertising plans across markets in conjunction with the Marketing/Brand Manager.
• Review with managers and maintenance staff the preventative maintenance program.
• Be responsible for property contracts.
• Oversee the processing of work orders and invoicing.
• Monitor Leasing/renewal activities through the management system.
• Monitor internal processes of inventory control and purchasing.
• Other related duties as assigned.