REPORTING To: Chief Nursing Officer
LOCATION: Garden Specialist Hospital
JOB TYPE: Full time
JOB CATEGORY: Contract
No of Positions:1
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient’s outcomes.
• Providing health education and counselling to patients/clients.
• Referring patients and clients appropriately.
• Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans.
• Maintaining records/Documentation on patients/client’s health condition and care.
• Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment.
• Ensuring that the privacy of the patients is respected and the result of the investigations and consultation are confidential.
• Order drugs and medical materials as necessary for the day and night duty as per the doctor’s prescription.
• Follow Doctor Prescription and ensure that all the procedures/Tests requested by the Doctor are done for the patient.
• Ensuring that the ward is clean (in and outside).
• Taking the Doctor/Consultant for the Ward round and assist whenever there is a procedure to be done.
• Properly handover to the next colleagues in the nursing Station and take him/her round to physically see the patients.
• Notifying the Supervisor in case of shortage, changes to be done and any problems in the ward.
• Always maintaining professionalism, honesty, truthfulness, adhere to nursing ethics and be committed when delivering services.
• Assisting in emergency nursing procedures necessary for promote control of changes in patient(s) physical conditions.
• Ability to perform the techniques of cardiopulmonary resuscitation, accurately and effectively.
• Keeping abreast of changing techniques in critical accurate nursing and maintaining high level of professionalism.
• Ensuring economic use of equipment and supplies.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
• Must be a holder of a Diploma in KRCHN from a recognized institution
• Must have Registration Certificate from Nursing Council of Kenya.
• Must have a valid practicing license.
• Must have strong commitment to care of patients and general customer service.
• Must have good communication skills.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience.
• Be computer literate.
• Experience in theatre and ICU nursing will be an added advantage
• Must have a Certificate in BLS
• ACLS Certification / Theatre Nursing & computer literacy will be added advantage
• Experience in Laparoscopy will be an added advantage
How to apply:-
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications, detailed CV, three  referees and include their TELEPHONE CONTACTS and EMAIL ADDRESSES along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Current Pay and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org . The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter. The closing date is January 18th 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
GSH DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process