Requirements for Appointment
10. Registrar (Academic Affairs) -Grade XV
Requirements for Appointment
Applicants shall be holders of a Doctorate degree from an accredited and recognized University and have the status of at least an Associate Professor in a teaching department of the University and should have served as Dean or Director in an office involving students for at least three (3) years.
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Academics and Student Affairs, the successful applicant will be responsible for
● Custodianship, administration and prudent management of University instruments of governance.
● Declaring the academic status of each student in line with the statutory guidelines, rules and regulation of the University;
● Ensuring integrity, accuracy and security of academic records, production and issuance of official academic transcripts and original certificates;
● Declaring programmes and programme capacities for student placements and admissions;
● Preparing, publishing and implementing the academic calendar / semester schedules including the graduation date;
● Planning, developing and formulating all activities related to admissions, enrolment records, registration of students, examinations, processing of results and certification;
● Keeping of the University's student records and data;
● Planning, recommending, installing, administering and reviewing academic systems in line with University objectives, policies and procedures.
● Ensuring effective coordination and planning of units to be taught in accordance with approved University programmes as per the rules and regulations governing the implementation of academic programmes;
● Interpreting and enforcing policies and regulations of the University touching on academic matters;
● Developing and managing the departmental budget and procurement plan;
● Investigating, analyzing, resolving and reviewing student disputes related to records, registration, examinations and certification;
● Collaborating with other administrators; Deans, faculty, IT expert and counselors to facilitate and improve services to students; registration, teaching, research, examinations, outreach activities and welfare;
● Serving as Secretary to the Senate and all Committees of Senate.
i) Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. Applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
ii) Applicants must also submit, on application, CURRENT AND VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
a) Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
b) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
c) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
d) Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct).
e) Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
iii) All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert Reference Number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below. A soft copy of the cover letter and Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications should be received on or before Thursday, 13th May 2021
The Vice Chancellor
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 190-50100
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants.
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment exercise.