Requirements for Appointment
9. Registrar (Administration) -Grade XV
Requirements for Appointment
Applicants shall be a certified Human Resource Professional with a Doctorate degree in Social Sciences preferably in Human Resource Management or related field from an accredited and recognized University and with over fifteen (15) years work experience, six (6) of which as a Deputy Registrar (Administration) or its equivalent, preferably in a university setting.
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Administration and Finance, the successful applicant will be responsible for
● Ensuring effective coordination and implementation of University policies in the Division for smooth running of operations.
● Formulating Departmental strategic plans in order to ensure that the objectives of the department are met.
● Ensuring that effective administration systems are in place in conformity with University policies and procedures.
● Developing and controlling Departmental budget to ensure proper utilization of resources.
● Overseeing proper keeping and custodianships of the Department’s records to ensure policy documents are well preserved.
● Establishing a competitive reward and remuneration system for staff;
● Inculcating good employee relations, career development and staff welfare
● Preparing and executing staff disciplinary matters to enhance good conduct among staff members.
● Facilitating staff appraisals in order to recommend awards, promotions and training.
● Approving staff leaves; compassionate, annual and study leave upon recommendation by the respective heads of departments and verification at the Central Registry.
● Controlling and approving staff payroll, staff claims, casual payments, and statutory deductions.
● Custodianship and managing of records of Finance and Administration Division;
● Coordinating the entire work force in the University;
● Serving as Secretary to the University Management Board and all committees of the University Management Board.
i) Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. Applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
ii) Applicants must also submit, on application, CURRENT AND VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
a) Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
b) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
c) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
d) Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct).
e) Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
iii) All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert Reference Number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below. A soft copy of the cover letter and Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications should be received on or before Thursday, 13th May 2021
The Vice Chancellor
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 190-50100
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants.
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment exercise.