Reports to: Pr.Mgr VCI-MPesa Support
Role purpose: Define, improve and maintain the project quality gates for Mobile Money projects. Liaise with customer project quality assurance team on the implementation of quality gates. Management of business as usual (BAU) Releases for Mobile Money, associated services and infrastructure. Maintain forward schedule of operational acceptance testing. Coordination of deployment of changes in non-production environments. Manage the business configuration management process. Manage and maintain the MPesa Operations repository for project and patch related documentation on SharePoint.
Key performance indicators :
- Adherence of Mobile Money projects to agreed project quality gate criteria and processes
- Improvement of project quality gates based on lessons learnt
- Release management of patches for Mobile Money, associated services and infrastructure
- Proactive management of the testing and deployment of patches
- Coordination with transition managers and the operational acceptance testing (OAT) team to maintain the forward schedule for OAT
- Maintain the business configuration management process
- Maintain the SharePoint repository of project and patch documentation
- Support with management of ad hoc patching related activities.
Knowledge and experience
- Strong Project Management, stakeholder and vendor management.
- Project quality assurance.
- Demand & release management
- Software test management.
- Subject matter knowledge of mobile payments applications and infrastructure delivery.
- Off-shore service delivery experience and use of remote working communication tools.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Project Management with international suppliers or markets – minimum 3 years
- Project Management certifications - PRINCE 2, APMP or equivalent
- Experience in software release management and testing of high available and high throughput financial systems.
- Strong experience in collaboration tools e.g. MS Teams and MS Sharepoint as well as trouble ticketing systems e.g. BMC Remedy
- Communication and relationship management experience to Executive level – 3 years
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Mobile Payment or Financial Services Experience
- Service Operations Qualification – ITIL
- Degree Qualification - STEM
- Experience in working in dynamic and high-growth environments
- Experience in working with multi-cultural geographically distributed teams
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference.