Africa Healthcare Network (AHN) is building the first and largest dialysis chain across East Africa, providing high-quality, life-saving dialysis at an affordable cost to patients in need. AHN brings world-class technical expertise combined with developing world practical operating experience to a region in need of quality dialysis treatment. In North America, over 97% of patients requiring treatment for kidney disease receive care; in East Africa, less than 5% receive care. AHN's goal is to increase access to high quality care at a lower cost to patients, delivered through a sustainable business model.
This role would be to serve as a dedicated Renal Nurse in our centers within the outskirts of Nairobi.
Note: We are looking for a certified renal nurse and not general nurses.
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manage patients through all stages of dialysis -
pre-dialysis, intradialytic and post-dialysis
- Identify patient issues in a timely manner and effectively escalate and manage medical emergencies
- Manage, use and troubleshoot dialysis machines, RO systems and other related equipment
- Schedule and manage a large number of high-care patients
- Manage clinical inventory
- Oversee the day-to-day management of clinical patient care
- Oversee day-to-day requirements of the nursing team
- Oversight of Junior Nurses, including training onsite
- Set up and operate dialysis machines to provide dialysis treatment for patients
- Prime dialyzer with saline or heparinized solution to prepare machine for use
- Connect the patient to the hemodialysis machine safely and effectively
- Calculate fluid removal or replacement to be achieved during dialysis procedure
- Monitor patient for adverse reaction or HD machine for malfunction
- Higher Diploma in Nephrology Nursing
- Experience working in a dialysis environment a plus
Ability to demonstrate a strong clinical understanding of renal care requirements - including the provision of hemodialysis in a hospital setting.
- Valid nursing license
- Patient-centered attitude
- Passion for AHN values
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.