Title: Repair Supervisor
Reports to: Repair center product Manger
Location: Distribution Centre Kisumu
Purpose: As BBOXX continues to scale its business the equipment refurbishing workload is significantly increasing at distribution centers. A Repair Supervisor will manage the repair team and logistics officer in the repair room and will be a single report to the Repair center Product manager (line) and the country managing director (operational). Supervisor will be responsible for repair technician performance, through put, quality of repairs and reporting duties.
- Supervision of all aspects of the testing, repair and refurbishment process.
- Scheduling and monitoring of Technician activities
- Ensuring all processes conform to BBOXX policies and procedures
- Monitoring, implementation and recording of quality control processes
- Supervise and account for all stock management within Technical Department
- Training, coaching, development and appraisal of direct Technician reports.
- Reporting of any relevant issues, concerns, desired improvements, corrective actions, etc., to line Manager.
- Assist line manager and HR department in recruitment and disciplinary processes.
- Monitor repair centre through put and suggest improvements
- Manage the disposal process
- Lead fire investigations along with the retail team in case of any fire incident and provide a report to the line manager and device team.
- Assist Repair technicians for product state change for products in the wrong product state
Description of tasks:
- Daily team meeting to review, allocate and agree tasks.
- Prioritize activity daily and direct Technicians duties.
- Communicate with Manager any issues that are or might affect departmental performance and for immediate remediation.
- Monitor and report any variance from BBOXX procedures including but not limited to repair process, refurbishment and stock.
- Follow up monitored units with the retail team
- Ensure the inventory of refurbish in for all products and main stock spare parts are updated in ERP at all times
- Ensure we dispose on monthly basis to clear the disposal location.
- Ensure adherence to quality control policy through inspection and checks on products available for reissue and monitoring of longer-term QC testing of solar charged CU’s.
- Manage daily stock movements and stock locations and report any discrepancies’ immediately to the line Manager.
- Act as mentor for Team and assist in training, development and assessment of Technicians through daily monitoring of their work performance.
- Ensure that all BBOXX reporting is timely, accurate and relevant. Work with BBOXX specialists to continually improve monitoring and performance data and reports.
- Advise line Manager of existing or future anticipated Technical HR requirements in anticipation of change in workloads, peaks in activity, etc.
- At least 20% of the repair supervisor time will be spent doing refurbishments to better understand the processes and be able to guide the repair team.
- Monitor spares and tools and ensure the repair team has all they need to carry out their duties.
- Technical degree (Electronics engineering or related subjects)
- Three year of experience in a technical position
- Problem solving skills and ability to understand new concepts
- Experience managing a team desirable
- Desire for self-improvement and career progression
- Proficient at using Microsoft computer software
- Resilient to stress with a positive attitude
- Honest and hardworking
- Good communicator both up and down
- Big BBOXX smile!