Centre for Microbiology Research
KEMRI - RCTP
Opening Date: 19th April 2021 Closing Date: 11th May 2021
The SEARCH Youth Study will evaluate the effect of a combination intervention designed to address the psychological and social needs of HIV-positive youth in rural Uganda and Kenya. The primary objective of the study is to determine
the effectiveness of the SEARCH Youth intervention in increasing long-term retention in HIV care and virologic suppression. The study will implement youth friendly strategies to improve uptake of biomedical interventions for
infected and/or at-risk youths to improve outcomes. For this reason, the study is seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates for fill up several positions as outlined below.
3. Position: Research Assistant (2 Positions) KMR/7(K) Vacancy No.FN-04-04-2021
Reports to: Community Coordinator
Duration: 6 Months Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 2 months is a probation period
Qualifications and Experience:
• Diploma in Community Health & Development, Social Work, Counselling Psychology or any other relevant health and social science fields
• Training in HTS with NASCOP certification.
• Post qualification experience in conducting field research using questionnaires, interviews will be added advantage
• Experience in community and home-based HIV testing and Counselling is added advantage
• Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to ride a motorbike is an added advantage (with a valid Driving License)
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes Required:
• Ability to communicate effectively both and in writing verbally in Luo, English and Kiswahili
• Natural ability to multitask, problem solve and work with others to resolve challenges
• Must be keen and attentive to details and have ability to follow instructions and procedures properly.
• Must be non-judgmental and flexible to mix with all cadres of people in the community
• Must have good interpersonal skills, flexible and a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure green card/blue card data are entered into electronic database (Open MRS, Clinic data works &NCD)
• Pull and submit pre-programmed reports from open MRS on a weekly basis.
• Support in correction of frequent data errors identified by data coordinator
• Manage calendar of appointments under supervision of study clinician
• Accurate and prompt study documentation
• Tracking and tracing of study participants in their respective homes or places of convenience for home-based study interventions
• Filing and maintaining study documents as patient files in CCC
• Ensuring proper documentation on all the study CRFs as well as the MOH forms and registers
• Other duties as assigned by the data coordinator.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; email@example.com
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY;
PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.