CIPIT is seeking to hire a Research Assistant in the field of Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
Department: Centre for Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law (CIPIT)
Reporting to: Research Manager, CIPIT
Basic job summary:
CIPIT is seeking to hire a Research Assistant in the field of Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence. The purpose of the Research Assistant position is to provide assistance to Research Fellows/Junior Research Fellows by collecting data, keeping records, conducting literature and technical research, drafting manuscripts, analysing data and preparing reports, and representing CIPIT in webinars, roundtable talks, workshops and conferences (both virtual and in-person events) in accordance with the University strategy, policy and procedures, and the funder requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with data collection via interviews with relevant parties as well as secondary data collection via desktop research.
- Assist with academic research, editing and preparation of manuscripts, and duties related to the production of project reports.
- Conduct research work in archives, through interviews, online, or whatever may be appropriate to assist the supervisor.
- Meeting regularly with the supervisor to discuss research assignments.
- Assist in organizing project related events including but not limited to workshops and report launches, publication, and communication of research reports.
- Contribute to the CIPIT Blog on a regular basis.
- Attending events on behalf of CIPIT.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the director.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Computer Science, Statistics, or a relevant Social Science.
- Proven academic track record.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in research with a focus in ICT policies and digital rights, AND/OR demonstrated expertise or understanding artificial intelligence issues.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out research and publish results.
- Technical competency (including familiarity with common programming languages) will be considered a plus
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent writing skills, good presentation skills/ public speaking skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Dependable and a problem solver
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated with good time management.
- Can work well within a team, proactive, dynamic and innovative.
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Research Assistant-IT” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2023.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured