Location: Nairobi, Kenya
What are we looking for:
This role is responsible for the coordination and support of Research & Development activities of the company, including product performance, patent search, technology surveillance, writing of R&D project proposals and intermediate reports writing on technology trends and competitor analysis, management of small R&D project teams and contribution to the whole process of innovation management of the company under the direct supervision of the Research & Development Manager.
• Ensure the accurate collection, analysis and compilation of data for use in research projects and offers quality administrative support to the Research and Development department.
• Supervise the preparation of reports and maintain accurate records of experiments and investigations.
• Providing management support to the Research & Development Manager in the Design/implementation of product experiments to meet yield improvement plans.
• In liaison with the Research & Development Manager Determine and track required head performance, reliability requirements for programs execution.
• Working with Quality Assurance and Marketing teams to define and design quality specifications and communicate approved quality parameters, to production teams.
• Tracking, recovery and analysis of downstream test data, and providing design and Quality feedback to the Quality Assurance and Production teams.
• Supporting the design and implementation of experiments to optimise new and existing materials and Processes for maximum product performance.
• Coordination of project activities to ensure that new Research & Development projects are delivered on time.
• Providing the required support to the Research & Development Manager in Project planning and communication of project status on a regular basis.
• Monitoring, creation if applicable and providing technical support for management of the intellectual property
• Provide required administrative Support for ensuring compliance with Environment, Health & Safety regulations
Qualifications to Apply:
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science.
• Working knowledge of modern Research & Development Systems and Process.
• Proficiency in Analytical software used in Research & Development projects
• Sound understanding of Manufacturing Regulatory requirements.
• 3 years’ experience in a similar position
Skills and Competencies (Desirable):
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High level of commitment to duty, and discipline.
• Demonstrable ability to put customer interests first.
• Strong focus on impact
• Unquestionable level of integrity.