1. Facilitate the enhancement of collaborative research development between local and international investigators, including participating in the development of SOPs and policies guiding research at Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital.
2. Coordinate and facilitate the activities of program/project coordinators, biostatisticians, research data managers and research assistants.
3. Participate in the recruitment of research project staff and training in research administration and good clinical practice.
4. Work together with the Principal Investigators, field co-directors of research and human resource department in ensuring salary harmonization between projects.
5. Develop and manage the budget for the Research Program.
6. Develop and implement the procurement plan for the research program.
7. Respond to request for information about sites for investigators and organize for site visits.
8. Be the initial contact person for information related to the research project under development.
9. Support investigators in preparing the budget template when applying for grants, ensuring that the budget template is in line with the research office SOP on grants and proposal development.
10. Monitor and maintain a list of on-going researches and responsible personnel.
11. Prepare research monthly reports to management, quarterly reports to the Board and the publication compendium.
Skills & Qualifications:
1. Must have a minimum of a degree in either Public Health, Clinical Medicine, Biomedical Sciences, Social Sciences or any health-related field.
2. Certification in Project Management and/or Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) is an added advantage.
3. Must have published in a reputable journal indexed in either African Journals Online (AJOL), Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), PubMed or Medline.
4. Should have worked in a research project for a minimum of 2 years.
5. Should have experience in presenting in workshops/conferences – either local or international.
6. Certification in Research Administration and membership to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.