About Farsight Africa Group
Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations’ and individuals across East Africa.
Farsight Africa Group has established a reputation in the marketplace for working in complex and challenging environments that demand a comprehensive understanding of local cultures, indigenous communication practices and relationships with stakeholders, at both the grassroots and national level.
The research manager is responsible for undertaking and delivering a wide range of research projects in our key areas. He/she will bring research, analytical, design and reporting expertise to the team, drawing upon a strong combination of both qualitative and quantitative experience.
• Take the lead in managing and delivering research projects, from scoping through to methodology and report writing, including managing and developing client relationships
• Deliver a wide range of social research techniques including fieldwork such as in-person interviews, literature reviews, focus groups and data analysis;
• Work with senior managers and directors to win new work from new and existing clients and proactively identify new business opportunities both in terms of research services and policy markets;
• Plan and manage resources effectively, including financial budgets;
• Manage junior research staff and subcontractors (including market research fieldwork) as necessary to achieve project objectives, seeking best value at all times;
• Produce insightful research reports with sophisticated advice to support your clients in their decision-making;
• Contribute to the development and profile of our research expertise with clients and key influencers;
• Develop new business opportunities in line with the company’s strategic ambitions by contributing to developing and increasing our profile with customers and key influencers;
• Ensure that the company is up to date with developments in specified policy areas and research markets
• Lead and support the development of new business opportunities, including preparing written proposals/bids for our prospective client
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
• Master’s degree in Social Sciences, with focus in research, project management
• He/she should demonstrate at least 7 years of working experience in both the research sector and project management
• Demonstrated professional leadership and the ability to coordinate a team of professionals.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in English, to deliver reports and documents. Familiarity with the Somali language will have an added advantage
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills
• Experience in designing of qualitative fieldwork (such as depth interviewing and involvement in focus groups) and quantitative fieldwork (such as survey questionnaires, data analysis, data visualization) and support presentation design and delivery.
• He/she will report to the Chief Executive Officer
• Previous work in Somalia will have an added advantage
Location and Duration
The position will be based in Nairobi and the indicative start date is 2nd November 2020. The contract is expected to run for a period of 6 months with possible extension based on satisfactory performance.
How to apply
Send in your resume, accompanied by a cover letter, in PDF format with the subject “Research Manager” to email@example.com on or before the 23rd October 2020.