Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 with obligation to undertake forest research, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable management, conservation and development of forest and allied natural resources.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS FOR VACANT POSTS
13. RESEARCH SCIENTIST (GENERAL FORESTRY): KEFRI 7a
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in problem identification and analysis;
• Assist in planning and over-seeing field work, and acting as in-field leader for foresters and technicians.
• Assist in developing and coordinating multi-disciplinary research on ecosystem-based management, land-use, biodiversity and climate change;
• Assist in studying and analyzing the relationships among plants, animals and land, as well as the effects of humans on dryland forests resources;
• Assist in identifying knowledge gaps in ecology for specific forest ecosystems and developing strategies/technologies to mitigate the gaps in order to improve their ecological integrity;
• Assist in capturing, processing and analyzing data;
• Assist in compiling technical reports and findings;
• Participate in open/field days, seminars and short courses on research practice;
• Supervising students on attachments and mentoring of junior staff; and
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum aggregate ‘C+’ (C plus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) At least an Upper Second Honors in Bachelor of Science Degree in Forestry or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
iii) Should have written at least two (2) technical reports/ papers;
iv) Working experience in the same field is an added advantage;
v) Being a member of a professional body will be an added advantage;
vi) A team player, good in communication and report writing; and
vii) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.