Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 with obligation to undertake forest research, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable management, conservation and development of forest and allied natural resources.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS FOR VACANT POSTS
9. RESEARCH SCIENTIST (PATHOLOGY): KEFRI 7a
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in identifying research problem with stakeholders in pathology;
• Participate in prioritizing research problems for implementation;
• Assist in developing research concepts;
• Participate in identifying relevant literature material;
• Participating in identification of laboratory ingredients and consumables required for different experiments;
• Participating in ordering of laboratory chemicals and consumables;
• Ensuring cleanliness in laboratories;
• Ensuring safe disposal of hazards laboratory waste;
• Undertake data collection, analysis and preparation of reports;
• Participating in writing appropriate technical reports including research notes, technical notes, conference posters, dissemination flyers;
• Participating in the implementation of dissemination activities that include Open days, field days, ASK shows, Radio and TV Talks;
• Disseminating research findings in local and international fora that include seminar, workshops, congress;
• Proposal writing to seek for funding from within and outside the Institute;
• Supervise and mentor junior staff, interns, students on attachment and visitors including High School, Colleges;
• Participating in implementing relevant ISO standards in Research and Development;
• Participating in compiling of departmental quarterly and annual reports
• Preparing and signing performance contracts with their supervisor; and
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum aggregate ‘C+’ (C
plus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) At least an Upper Second Honors in Bachelor of Science in Forestry Science, Forest Biology, Botany or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
iii) Should have written at least two (2) technical reports/ papers;
iv) Working experience in the same field is an added advantage;
v) Being a member of a professional body will be an added advantage;
vi) A team player, good in communication and report writing; and
vii) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.