Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 with obligation to undertake forest research, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable management, conservation and development of forest and allied natural resources.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS FOR VACANT POSTS
12. RESEARCH SCIENTIST (TAXONOMY): KEFRI 7a
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in research problem identification;
• Assist in ensuring that all scientific work in KEFRI is performed with correctly named plants;
• Participating in all aspects of conservation, inventory and mapping of vegetation resources;
• Assist in ensuring that voucher specimens permitting future checking are deposited in KEFRI herbarium;
• Assist in maintaining and developing KEFRI herbarium;
• Assist in development of research concepts and projects in wood science;
• Assist in designing and implementation of experiments;
• Assist in data collection, preparation and analyses;
• Assist in preparation of technical and research reports;
• Participate in open/field days, seminars and short courses on research practice;
• Supervise students on attachment and mentor other junior staff; and
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum aggregate ‘C+’ (C plus)
or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) At least an Upper Second Honors in Bachelor of Science Degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, Agroforestry or equivalent from a recognized Institution;
iii) Should have written at least two (2) technical reports/ papers;
iv) Working experience in the same field is an added advantage;
v) Being a member of a professional body will be an added advantage;
vi) A team player, good in communication and report writing; and
vii) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.