Reporting To:Centre Manager
Department: Communication and Fundraising
Purpose of Job:
Plan, Organize,Coordinate and ensure smooth Functioning of all activities related fund raising and resource mobilization. Maintain records, monitor and follow up on resource allocations. Donor report writing and updates. Work with various departments to know CCU needs and projects
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To take the lead in identifying funding opportunities, listing them and sharing the information with the management committee.
2. To assist with funding proposal writing processes. This involves writing project and budget plan proposals and coordinating with the different departments with the aim of sometimes jointly submitting project proposals.
3. To assist in developing a fund generation and resource mobilization Work plan and constantly follow-up on implementation of the plan.
4. Designing and preparing materials for communications with different prospective donors and agencies.
5. To assist in mobilizing non-financial resources from private sectors entities, individuals, faith-based organizations and corporate agencies.
6. Create and frequently update donors, sponsors, stakeholders and well-wisher’s database ensuring their contacts and email addresses are well captured (donor mapping). Managing donor files which involves filing minutes from donor meetings in both soft and hard copies.
7. To coordinate processing of agreements in connection with funding opportunities and ensure effective and timely submission of reports to the donors and grant proposals.
8. To monitor donor reporting and grant expenditure deadlines; coordinate with different departmental heads and the finance office in responding to these deadlines while facilitating and participating in the preparation of quality financial and narrative donor reports.
9. To work with the communication and partners officer in preparing and sending out Teule’s monthly newsletter.
10. To coordinate communication with donor’s and sponsors highlighting funds needed for various projects and the benefits of such projects.
11. To ensure that fundraising and resource mobilization information are up to date on the Teule information management system.
12. To plan and coordinate fundraising events throughout the year.
13. To follow up on sponsors and donors who have stopped giving with the intention of building good rapport and bringing them back.
14. Actively participate in the Management and procurement meeting.
15. Prepare and oversee bi-weekly updates, monthly, quarterly, annual reports and work plans.
16. Coming up with strategies on how to tap the locally available funding opportunities
17. Create feasibility of the existing sustainability projects.
18. Any other assigned duties from time to time