- Promoting and ensuring guest satisfaction by providing guests with an exceptional dining experience and quality service.
- Greet guests and perform duties of a host.
- Set tables according to type of event.
- To be fully conversant with every dish served in the Restaurant and assist with menu selections.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests.
- Ensure guests are served in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Consistently check on guests to ensure satisfaction with food and beverages.
- Assign tables and tasks to wait staff in addition to waiting on their own tables.
- Ensure billing process is accurate and present final bills to guests.
- Creating weekly shift schedules and disciplining wait staff as necessary.
- Set standard for wait staff, ensure they are properly groomed and doing their jobs efficiently
- Performing opening and closing procedures.
- Ensure that the dining area and work stations are kept clean and well organized.
- Ensure that the restaurant’s SOP’s are consistently implemented.
- Communicate with the Executive Chef on specials and menus.
- Communicate with kitchen on special requests for guests, menu items, dietary needs and product availability.
- Obtain constructive feedback from guests and to use the information to improve service.
- Train and supervise service staff on SOP’s and food service techniques.
- Conduct monthly inventory checks on all crockery, glassware, cutlery and operating equipment.
- To ensure that all appliances, equipment are safe and report any faults to the Restaurant Supervisor.
- Perform other duties related to food and beverage service as assigned by the manager
- Diploma/Certificate in Food and Beverage or equivalent qualification
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Must have good knowledge of food and beverage service
- Outgoing personality
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Supervisory skills and ability to delegate and follow up on tasks.
- Passionate in delivering outstanding customer service
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes
- Committed to delivering high standards of customer service
- Interest in continuous improvement and able to take initiative
- Conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills