The overall scope of this job involves serving food and beverages to guests in the restaurant, providing a courteous, professional and flexible service consistent with the standards of the restaurant, in a bid to maximise customer satisfaction and encourage sales.
- Be experts in basic food service techniques
- Be able to easily memorize orders
- Be well poised
- Possess Leadership skills
- A social individual
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organisational and time management skills
- Great command of English & Swahili
- Be comfortable using computers and Ipads
- Analytical and problem-solving individual
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Self-motivated, decisive and responsible.
- To ensure that the service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the Restaurant Manager.
- To be fully conversant with every dish served in the Restaurant and to provide explanations as requested.
- To communicate with other Restaurant staff and departments.
- Training new staff in food service techniques and restaurant procedures.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager in keeping the morale of the Team up through social and educational events and activities.
- To make sure that Company Policy are followed and utilised at all times.
- To assist with running the floor through the distribution of tasks and monitoring to ensure all are accomplished in the given time.
- To take responsibility for service in the area of the Restaurant under your responsibility.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager and their Assistants in the preparation requisition for supplies such as glassware, china and silverware.
- To report, monitor or handle small disciplinary matter involving service staff.
- To be competent in advising guests with food allergies or dietaries by liaising with the kitchen and bar teams and ensuring the order is processed correctly.
- To also ensure this is communicated to all relevant staff and departments and guest profile is updated with the relevant information.
- To be aware and promote all services offered in the restaurant.
- To ensure that all guest wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible.
- To welcome, sit and take food orders from guests in the Lounge or Restaurant.
- To ensure that service is at all times performed in a professional manner following standards set.
- To ensure that the billing procedure is thorough, correct and signed at the completion of each meal.
- To collate information and feedback during shift hours, and share the same with management.
- To obtain feedback from guests and to use this to improve service and to pass on such to the