3. Restaurant Hostess (2)
Main duties & Responsibilities
• Welcome and escort guests to their tables and allocate tables when necessary.
• Provide menus, assist in choosing dishes and make recommendations.
• Assist in mis-en-place
• Ensure prompt and courteous response and follow up to all restaurant service enquiries.
• Liaise with Front Office on the days’ arrivals before service for the day.
• Check the restaurant for cleanliness and appropriate set up. Ensure that the service of food and drink is courteous and professional.
• Give feedback on guest letters and comments.
• Any other duties as delegated by your supervisor.
• Should be trained in advanced food and beverage service and sales from any recognized hospitality institution.
• Should have at least two years working experience in F&B service (one year in a similar position)
• Friendly, outgoing, well composed, cheerful and enthusiastic demeanor
• Warm and welcoming attitude
• Engaging personality
• Confident and positive attitude
• Willingness and eager to learn
• Passionate about service
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent in English
• Basic knowledge of F&B product and service
OTHER DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES
• Vibrant & bubbly
• Engaging & energetic
• Tall & vivacious
• Quick thinker
• Right attitude and passionate about service
• Smartly groomed
• Up to date with current trends
Salary – Kshs. 36,748 plus service charge