Restaurant Kitchen Helper (Male candidates highly encouraged to apply)
- Previous experience working in a restaurant setting (dishwasher) is preferred.
- Although many employers prefer that you have previous experience in the same or similar area of employment setting, it is strongly encouraged that you apply anyways.
- Prepare a variety of food items for cooking.
- Retrieve food items from the fridge or freezer.
- Wash, peel, and/or cut food items, including fruits, vegetables, or certain types of meats.
- Mix ingredients for salads.
- Portion or wrap food items or dishes.
- Store food in containers and in the fridge or freezer.
- Weigh or measure ingredients (e.g., flour, salt, sugar, oil).
- Re-fill kitchen condiment bottles and shakers.
- Stack and store food supplies, equipment, or other utensils in the kitchen.
- Wipe down kitchen surfaces using proper sanitizers.
- Clean any used kitchenware (e.g., knives) or dishes.
- Mop or sweep the kitchen floor, and collecting dirt and debris in a dustpan.
- Empty out the dustpan in the garbage or squeeze out the mop into a bucket.
- Take out trash bags from kitchen.
- Load and unload food items in stores
- Your employer may also ask you to carry out additional duties than those listed here.