KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Determining the amount of fuel stock to order in service stations based on previous sales to ensure that the stations do not run dry; manage all service Stations Accounts such that no discrepancies arise from sales and financial books transactions.
• Monitor daily retail cash banking and ensure all fore court cash is banked by the following day.
• Carry out wet stock accounting on daily bases and report any variances
• Approve Stations Shift closure after ensuring that both product and cash variances are within approved limits.
• Ensure contracted transporters and station suppliers are fully compliant to regulatory and business requirements e.g. Calibration certificates, Goods In transit Insurance, ETR. Process supplier payments for forwarding to Finance for payment. Follow up and inform Suppliers of payment status
• Maintenance of contractual customers’ accounts with all the correct documentation done
• Ensure timely product delivery and timely invoicing and sending of monthly statements.
• Participate in the committee meetings every Saturday and ensuring that the necessary reports are submitted within the time frame.
• Formulate policies and procedures to promote stations sales i.e. Commissions for the staffs who surpasses set sales targets also work to achieved automation of stations process. Timely rewarding of station commissions.
• Come up with Station Budgets, market initiatives plan and develop targets sales for all Retail Service stations
• Submit a comprehensive monthly report of service stations, which include; sales vs targets achieved, profitability analysis, VAT reports, reconciled cash analysis, performance reports, outstanding debt reports and recovery action plans if any.
• Perform all reconciliation responsibilities for the stations and mini markets
• Timely renewal of Licenses. e.g. Trade Licenses, Weights and Measures, Nema & Effluent
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or an equivalent
• 5 years’ experience in Retail and Marketing.
• Experience in Oil and Gas Industry is an added advantage
• Computer Literacy skills
• Keeps abreast of current developments in the Oil industry including micro and macro environmental factors and trends.
• Strategic thinking and market focus
• High Sense of Integrity
• Analytical thinking and judgment
• Result oriented
• Have excellent people skills
• Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
• Position is based in Mombasa