Candidates applying for this position MUST be enrolled with the Pharmacy and Poison Board of Kenya
Pharmaceutical technologist Responsibilities
• Compounding and dispensing medications, as prescribed by physicians.
• Monitoring customers’ drug therapies, advising interventions, and informing customers of any potential side effects.
• Instructing customers on how and when to take prescribed medications.
• Conducting health and wellness screenings.
• Providing immunizations, and other medical services, such as taking blood pressure, temperature measurements, and checking blood sugar levels.
• Keeping accurate customer records.
• Ensuring a safe and clean working environment.
• Completing operational requirements of the pharmacy, including verifying order entries, maintaining records of controlled substances, charges, and removing expired and/or damaged drugs from the pharmacy’s inventory.
• Adhering to applicable legal rules, regulations, and procedures governing pharmaceutical practice.
• Performing other administrative tasks when needed.
• Diploma in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical technology.
• 2 years of experience.
• Proven experience as a Pharmacist.
• Valid license to practice as a Pharmacist.
• Detailed understanding and knowledge of dosage requirements and administration, chemical compounds, and pharmaceutical brands.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and software applications, used by pharmacies, such as Pharmacore
• Great organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• MUST be enrolled with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya.