Department: LHK Sales and Distribution
Reporting to: Sales & Distribution Manager
1.0 Organizational / Departmental Structure
1.1 First Level Supervisor: Sales & Distribution Manager
Second Level Supervisor: Accounts Assistant
Job Title of incumbent: Shop Supervisor
First Level Subordinates: Shop cashier
2. Required Experience, and Qualifications;
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Commerce or related discipline with a bias in sales/ marketing; minimum diploma in a business-related course.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in selling and marketing; preferably in a structured environment.
• Computer literate with experience of POS terminals (preferable)
• Welcoming, and, responsive to customer needs.
• Effective written and verbal communicator.
• Analyzing sales, customer relations and forecasting; Ability to meet and exceed set goals.
• Self-motivated and creative personality; Disciplined and work with minimal supervision.
• Physically fit and ale to carry weights in excess of 20kgs.
• Honest and transparent person
3. Key Results / Performance Areas
• Achieve both shop and by products daily cash sales targets building into monthly cash sales targets in volume and value.
• Prudent stock control and management in terms of daily stock balances, quality standards and excellent cold chain management.
• Shop sales coordination.
• Manages shop staff effectively.
• Perform any other duties as requested by senior management
• Ensure customers are treated respectively
• Make sure the shop is always clean
• Check daily cash deposits Vs Daily Sales Receipts
4. Duties and Responsibilities;
• Be actively involved in store operations from stock receipt to stock control to housekeeping to customer experience management.
• Bear responsibility for the safe-keeping of company assets.
• Provide custodianship of the cold supply chain for our highly perishable product.
• Maintain accountability for result achievement.
• Ensure HSE guidelines are adhered to, ensuring the safety of customers, staff and visitors to the outlet.
• Merchandise stock.
• Communicate all promotional material and keep all branding to high quality
• Balance the cashiers daily Stock issued and should, Receipts Vs Deposits/M-Pesa.
• Make sure stock and cash is balanced daily
5. Supervision Given;
• Cashier and other shop staff
6. Contacts with People Outside Your Department
• Accounts Clerks
• Senior management
7. Contacts with People Outside the Company
• Merchandisers and Area Managers
The employee is expected to adhere to all Company policies and to act as a role model in adherence to the policies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
The Company reserves the right to require the employee to perform duties other than those listed according to the changing requirement of the business. This job description is subject to review and possible subsequent revision.