Duty station: Nairobi Office
Report to: Finance Manger
Consults with: Finance director and the Finance Department
• Overseeing and ensuring accurate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales/cash reconciliations across all the outlets and timely ensure that this information is relayed to the head office (treasury).
• Oversee the processing and proper accounting of all accounts receivables and any other monies owed to the business by virtue of its operations.
• Supervise and ensure timely and accurate posting of all treasury source documents and accounting information (bank slips, bank charges, loan transactions, sales transaction, and petty cash transactions).
• Coordinate and ensure timely, accurate preparation and approval of bank accounts reconciliations.
• Coordinate and ensure timely, accurate preparation and approval of credit/debit cards reconciliations.
• Overall responsible for coordination, preparation, monitoring and review of business cash flow projections/reports.
• Reviewing the cash flow requirements to ensure that there are sufficient funds available to meet operational and recommend any adjustment to scheduled payments, or receipts to ensure adequate funds.
• Coordinate the preparation and approval of working papers/schedule in support of month-end, quarter-end and year-end cash management, accounts receivable and other relevant treasury reports/schedules.
• Manage banking relationship in accordance with the policies and procedures.
• Administration and accounting for customer loyalty programmes/schemes.
• Monitoring and advising on bank balances, loans and bank overdraft positions.
• In liaison with the other senior accountants formulate the ideal/optimal liquidity ratios, operating and financial leverage.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for the Revenue Accountant Position
• Should be a registered member of ICPAK
• 35years and above, no gender preference
• 4+years’ experience in the position of a Senior accountant / Revenue accountant position, at a high paced environment and most preferably in FMCG
• Ability to make decisions and work independently
• Ability to keep clean records and multitask
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills
• Have excellent knowledge of excel and other account balance software