Duties & Responsibilities:
• Using computer software to design RF installations for new wireless networks.
• Perform radio site surveys, site evaluation/selection and link budget planning for both new radio site integration and radio site relocation.
• Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the Client’s KPIs and within the company set thresholds Ensuring RF test equipment is calibrated to industry standards.
• Analyze RF broadcasting equipment and suggest improvements to decision makers as required.
• Respond to all customer complaints within stipulated SLA. Address coverage and capacity complaints from customer by providing implementable solutions and ensuring closure as per SLA.
• Testing the performance of existing wireless networks in order to enhance performance of network systems.
• Define and implement processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks.
• Ensuring regulatory standards are met.
• Define the architecture of RF solutions.
• Select components, design components, integrate modules.
• Define a test plan, simulate solutions, prepare analysis and simulation reports, develop presentations, write test plans and perform evaluation.
• Develop the complete solution and validate it.
• Update technical documentation.
• Develop test and debug strategies to isolate problematic performance areas.
• Design and enforce RF circuits, filters, baluns, power amplifiers and lumped element matching circuits.
• Provide technical support in installation, operation, maintenance and repair of radio frequency systems.
Education, experience and skills
• Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, telecommunications engineering, or a similar field.
• At least 4 years' experience in RF planning and optimization in the mobile telecommunications industry.
• Should know cell site design and LTE networking.
• Radio Frequency design circuitry
• Deep knowledge of wireless network systems.
• Excellent grasp of computer modeling.
• Knowledge of RF hardware systems and testing equipment.
• Ability to individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to travel when required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work without supervision.
Note;The job location is in Ethiopia.