Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering and collecting packages.
• Sort deliverable items in accordance to delivery route in order to ensure maximum efficiency and save time
• Collect, sort and distribute all mails either from the post office, clients or business partners to appropriate recipients within the office.
• Determine destinations by referring to addresses on packages and documents.
• Ensure all deadlines are met at all times without failure
• Ensure that packages or messages are delivered safely and in a time efficient manner
• Handle packages and documents with care especially those marked “fragile”
• Ensure that packages are ready for delivered by packing them in a safe manner
• Ensure that all packages are confirmed and reconciled at the recipient’s location
• Ensure highest degree of security of shipment at all times
• Observe package privacy rules by reading and understand the instructions indicated on the package
• Record information, such as items received and delivered and responses messages if any
• Academic qualification – form 4 leaver
• Experience of 3 years in similar position
• Can speak English and Kiswahili
• Knows Nairobi and its surrounding well.
• Can work well under pressure
• Ready to work extra hours.
• Valid driving license
• Responsible and able to take care of money
• Physically able to carry goods