The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: -
- i. A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration or any other recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- ii. Professional Certification as Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA K) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Risk Management or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- iii. Membership to professional body with Good Standing;
- iv. A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- v. Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- vi. Meets the Requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- i. Preparing an annual Risk and Compliance Review Plan to be approved by the Audit, Governance and Risk Management Committee;
- ii. Reviewing compliance with existing laws, regulations, policies, plans and procedures, accounting pronouncements, contractual obligations, circulars and guidelines;
- iii. Preparing reports for all risk and compliance assessments undertaken and submit for review and approval;
- iv. Follow up on the implementation of Risk and Compliance assessments findings and ensure recommendations made are implemented;
- v. Training and sensitizing judicial officers and staff in risk management and compliance;
- vi. Preparing a consolidated Judiciary Risk register and ensure that it is regularly updated;
- vii. Coordinate statutory and external risk and compliance reviews;
- viii. Carrying out investigations as requested by management, or red flags noted and recommend prompt corrective measures;
- i. Minimum three (3) years relevant work experience;
- ii. At least at least one (1) year at Supervisory Management Level;
- Job Core Competencies:
- i. Good Interpersonal and Communication skills;
- ii. Supervisory and Problem-solving skills;
- iii. Confidentiality and High Integrity;
- iv. Hands-on and Results Oriented;
- v. Ability to work under pressure; and
- vi. Merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.