Nobilis is a full stack web development agency focused on building web based business software and digital products. Our vision is to be a leading software development agency that inspires the Kenyan tech community and spearheads the growth of a mature technology ecosystem in the region, earning esteem from the world at large.
About the Position
As a software developer at Nobilis, you will be tasked with the development of server-side logic, design, implementation and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end and mobile apps.
You will also be responsible for integrating front-end elements designed by other members of the Nobilis team. Though your main tasks will be focused back-end, a solid foundation in HTML, CSS and ReactJS for front-end development will be helpful as well. Additionally, experience in delivery of the front-end in form of progressive web apps (PWAs) for Android and iOS would be highly beneficial.
● Collaboration with the Nobilis team to determine the scope and expectations of projects
● Design, build and maintain clean, efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
● Develop product features of increasingly complexity
● Integrate software components and third-party programs to meet project specifications
● Testing and documenting written code
● Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software
● Maintaining overall code quality
● 1-2 years Experience with Ruby on Rails development
● Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and the nuances of object-oriented programming as a whole
● A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
● Able to create database schemas that represent and sup
● Able to implement automated testing on Rails
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like GIT
● Familiarity with continuous integration