Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates.
The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or our website:https://mod.go.ke/download/application-for-employment-form-psc-2-revised-2016/
Completed application forms should reach the Cabinet Secretary’s office- Ministry of Defence, P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, NAIROBI or hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road, on or before 18th October, 2021.
10. SAFETY EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN – CSG13 – SIX (6) POSTS (Advert no. 21/2021)
Basic Salary: Ksh. 20,800 – 25,860 p.m.
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 4,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
Duties and Responsibilities
This will be the entry and training grade in this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a more experienced officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail: repairing parachutes, aircraft safety belts, motor vehicle canopies and fabricating loose covers for both aircrafts and vehicles; packing parachutes/dingys for use by soldiers; storing and maintenance of parachutes; maintaining upholstery and fabrics sewing machines and carpet cleaning machines; undertaking interior finishing which include carpeting, upholstery, repairing and modifying seat cushions/covers; and determining the strength of repairing materials.
Requirements of Appointment
For appointment, a candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C- (Minus) or its equivalent qualification
- Craft Certificate OR Grade III awarded by the National Industrial Training Authority in any of the following fields: – Cushion Making, Clothing Technology, Textile Engineering, Upholstery and Carpeting.
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Having NYS certificates will be an added advantage.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FOR: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY
CC: The Secretary
Public Service Commission (K)