JOB TITLE: SAFETY, HEALTH/QUALITY MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
REPORTING TO: SECURITY & QUALITY MANAGEMENT MANAGER.
We are looking for you!! Is it your career dream to start and grow your career from the most enabling exciting and rejuvenating environment? Is Safety and Quality Management your passion? Are you a person who is detail-oriented, focused, innovative, techno survey, result-oriented, self-driven, enthusiastic, and open-minded? If these few words describe you and relate to you, we would love to give you this opportunity to join us as a Safety Health / Quality management Assistant reporting to the Security and Quality Management Manager.
WHO ARE WE?
A market leader in Engineering Manufacturing industry specializing in premium cables and conductors manufacturing. We have for more than four decades maintained a heritage for the production of quality cables and conductors. With our manufacturing plants in Kenya and Tanzania we competently serve our clients across African countries. We are the trusted partners for the provision of high-quality cabling solution.
1. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES.
· Manage all external statutory registration requirements to ensure conformity and compliance.
· Plan and Coordinate Health and Safety Audits and ensure validity of certificates.
· Liaise with external bodies on all matters relating to registration, licensing, and certification.
· Oversee the issuance of PPE, ensure full utilization of the PPEs and report any non-compliance.
· Design and ensure adherence to all relevant standard operating procedures and policies for Safety, Health, Environment and Quality in the company
· Ensure that all in-house systems and procedures are revised, updated, and modified to meet the needs of the company.
· Ensure Fire extinguishers are serviced and well placed in all areas that require extinguishers.
· Coordinate the Health & Safety committee activities.
· Investigate accidents that have occurred within incident areas and prepare detailed incident report.
· Ensure preparation and implementation of Site Safety and Health Plan (SSHP)
· Monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations.
· Developing measures to assure personnel safety.
· Proactively Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority
· Train other staff in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures
· Undertake regular internal inspections and document findings and action points
· Ensure corrective actions are undertaken to address all areas of concern identified
· Verify closure of non-conformities or corrective actions undertaken throughout the company
· Provide on a quarterly basis, detailed analysis of the status of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality in the company
· Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
· Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
· Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the entire company
· Consistently benchmark and promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the policies/procedures and behaviors expected of them
· Manage contractors on-site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
2. POSITION SPECIFICATION
· Degree Environmental Science or in any engineering or,
· Diploma in Environmental science with 4 years of experience.
· Auditor or Lead Auditor for any management system (added advantage although not mandatory)
· Experience - At least2 years in a work environment (preferably manufacturing)
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
· Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
· Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning, and decision making
· Ability to understand different business needs
· Ethical and dependable
· Ability to make appropriate independent decisions
· Excellent communication skills.
If Confident that you meet the above requirements and are keen to grow your career through this exciting opportunity, please submit your application and detailed not later than 30th November 2021.